Monday, March 24, 2014

Ddeokbokki [떡볶이] Recipe

So, one of my all time favorite dishes from Korea is Ddeokbokki (떡볶이). This is a must dish to order when I go to the Korean restaurant! Well, at least to me it is~ This being my favorite dish and since I have made many types of Asian dishes, I could just not have this on my list of foods that I have made.

I have made Kimchi before from scratch! Meaning I purchased every single ingredient I needed. For this recipe, you could do the same and you use some ingredients similar to making Kimchi but I didn't have the time nor the money to spend. So instead I just purchased the packet of sauce already made. This made it so much easier and faster to make.

The rice cakes were so soft and yummy! The sauce wasn't too spicy either. It was just a pure delicacy~~ For those who may not know what Ddeokbokki is then let me tell you~~ (hehehe~^^) Ddeokbokki is a very popular street food in South Korea and it consists of rice cakes, fish cakes, onions, green onions and some times cabbage. You can also add boiled eggs!!

This ddeokbokki I made consist of onions, cabbage, rice cakes and boiled eggs. I am not a big fan of the fish cakes so I did not include it but you may :)

Here are some pictures of the items I used and the final look ~~ ^^ You may also eat this with a bowl of white rice :) Hope you enjoyed it~ Can't wait to make this again. My mouth is just watering thinking about it.

update: for some reason the images didn't appear anymore so I deleted them and unfortunately,  I no longer have the images. 



Me with Ddeokbokki ~

No comments :

Post a Comment