Friday, January 31, 2014

Winx Club Season 1 and Season 2 (4kids version)

I was born in the year 1993 and while growing up I have to say I had great entertainment. I remember so many of my favorite shows. Shows I would watch after school, in the mornings while my parents got ready for work and most of all the shows I would wake up early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I will eventually talk about all of them but for now I want to talk about Winx Club.

I have recently gotten this spark of motivation to watch all of those shows I have seen as a kid. It feels great! I can't stop smiling and laughing. I am reliving the feelings I had as a kid when I watched all of these cartoons. I don't watch T.V so much anymore but when I do its with my nieces. It is so disappointing seeing the shows for kids nowadays. It is not as funny or appropriate. :( I don't know the name of the cartoons I saw with them but I have to say for cartoons with some sexual sub-messages and basically showing kids its alright to cheat is so wrong. Definitely, can not have kids watching that.

I was on Pinterest the other day and I stumbled upon this picture that was so accurate. Now, this is isn't a cartoon but it implies to basically all the shows/cartoons as well from the past. Plus, I loved Boy meets world! <3
The caption is so true though!~

Let's go back to the Winx Club.~ ^^ I remember when I first saw this cartoon I couldn't stop singing the opening song. It was so catchy and seeing such pretty outfits in the opening makes you already reeled in. I would wake up every Saturday morning at 8AM to catch the new episodes. Heck! even the reruns~~ I loved 4kids! <3 I remember I would watch Winx Club then Bratz. I also watched Yugioh, Teenage Mutant ninja turtles, Magical Doremi, and so much more that I can't remember at this moment. 

As I grew up, I slowly stopped waking up so early but I never once forgot about my adventure and memories with Winx. I remember only watching up to the beginning episodes of Season 2. Now, I re-watched all of Season 1 and 2. I am currently watching Season 3. When I was younger my favorite characters was Bloom and Flora. My favorite heroes were Riven, Brandon and Sky. I really liked Musa and Riven couple though. However, Riven in mid season 1 was very douchey. But he gets better ;) Also let me add there are three versions of Winx Club. Which are 4kids version, Rai english version, and the newest version, the Nickelodeon version. My favorite is 4kids version because that is the one I grew up with and I am used to the voices from that one. 

***I am watching Season 3 now but some episodes look familiar, so I guess as a kid I saw some of these. 

Season 1:
 
Season 1 starts off with the main character Bloom finding out she is a fairy. The first season is basically Bloom coping with her new life in this school for fairies and new realms. She encounters adventures and battles. Deep down she has such an immense power that the three main witches want to steal from her. She also meets this guy named Brandon (which his real name is Sky). Musa, Bloom, Techna, Flora, and Stella work together along with the other fairies, witches and heroes to defeat the three evil witches (Icy, Darcy, Stormy)

I really liked this season. There were a lot of funny moments between the girls and I loved the romance with the guys. I have to say my favorite episode is the one where she just started going to the school and goes to the dance with this cute outfit she made. I liked it because of her outfit <3 Its hard to choose which one I liked the most.

Season 2:

In Season 2, a new girl gets introduced. Layla, Princess of the tides gets added to the group. Now, the girls are struck by an old enemy and a new enemy. The trio (Icy, Darcy, and Stormy) return with the Dark lord. Bloom, Musa, Flora, Stella, Layla and Techna must work together as a team to defeat this enemy. of course the boys help as well. In this Season, pixies are brought in and new love lines. In the first season, the two main couples were BloomxSky and StellaxBrandon. They hinted on Techna and Timmy but nothing really deepened. Same for Riven and Musa. Poor Flora was all alone! or not... In this season they introduce Flora's love <3 His name is Helia. Now, the one who is single is Layla. In Season 2, besides fighting evil, learning new spells, couples forming, love deepening and all but the girls received their Charmax. Which is like they leveled up.

I liked this season a lot because of the love lines and how the couples are getting more focused now. When I was younger I don't remember what I thought about Layla but watching it now I neither like her or hate her. She is just bleh. haha I still haven't gotten used to her. I am really loving Helia though. Now my favorite couple is Flora and Helia.

Let me introduce the girls!


Bloom 
Flora
Musa
Stella

The couples made in Season 2 (guys left to right: Sky, Riven, Helia, Brandon and Timmy)



No comments :

Post a Comment